Related Topics:

Expanded Instructions
  • Line: 31
  • Step: 7
  • Step Subject: Refund
  • Instruction Year: 2023

If line 30 is more than line 22, subtract line 22 from line 30 and enter the difference. You can have all or part of this amount refunded to you on line 32. The remainder, if any, can be applied to your estimated tax for 2024 on line 33.

About Iowa income tax withholding...

If the amount you overpaid (line 31) is large, you may wish to check the Department's Withholding Estimator (coming soon) to estimate your 2024 recommended withholding. You may file a new IA W-4 with your employer to change the amount of Iowa income tax withheld from your pay.