Having a license in Iowa is a personal privilege. The individual, partnership, or corporation receiving the income from the alcoholic beverages sold must have a license.

Local authorities (city councils or county boards of supervisors) and the Division must be notified of any changes in ownership. Ownership changes must be reported when the changes occur..

Explore license update applications, processes, and more.


eLAPS Alcohol License System

Ready to apply for a license? Need to make a change? Access the eLAPS license system. 

For assistance and training, visit our eLAPS resource guide.